Owners, board members and administrative staff often need support. Professionalism is key to a functioning board of directors. Every listed, family-owned or public company needs expertise in corporate governance. Publicly-owned companies have particularly high expectations of good corporate governance and management.
Norscan's partners have experience from all sides of the table – as owners, board members and managers.
- Norscan can help with development processes related to ownership.
- Norscan can assist in company investigations on behalf of the owners.
- Norscan offers courses and seminars in corporate governance.
Our partners contribute with expertise and neutrality. Difficult issues can be:
- Is the board's competence correctly formulated and relevant?
- Are the company's organisation and daily management appropriate?
- Is the company prepared for future challenges?
- Are industrial and financial partners relevant?
- Has the relationship between the board and the owners been clarified?
Many companies start the generational shift process too late. This is a challenging process for family businesses, and we have vast experience dealing with such issues.
We can assist in all or part of the process from planning to implementation. Examples of challenges:
- Does the company have the expertise required to lead the company into the future?
- What is the optimal time for a change?
- How do the owners wish to participate in management and operation?
- Can/should the company be split up?
- Should all or part of the company be sold to make it easier to distribute wealth?